An unforgettable week of awesome outdoor adventure
- Duration: 9 days (arrival and departure day included)
- Intensity: Beginner-Intermediate
- Paddling time: 2.5 hours - 5 hours dailyx
- Trip Style: Fully Catered.
- Season: October-May
- Minimum age: Age 6
- Wildlife: Californian Sea-lions, tropical fish, endemic ring-tailed cat (Babisuri), whales (seasonal), dolphins, manta rays, Pelicans, Blue-footed Boobies, Ospreys, Frigates, Herons and Egrets.
- Includes: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guide(s) & cook(s). Motor boat and van transportation between activities. Camping and expedition equipment. Single and/or double kayaks, all kayaking gear. Snorkel sets and wet suits. Park entrance fees and all taxes. Food and beverages are also included except for Wednesday dinner. Your expedition includes 4 nights in a comfortable hotel in La Paz/ 1 night B and B in Todos Santos / 1 night in eco-lodge in the Sierra Biosphere Reserve / 2 nights camping on Espiritu Santo Island. Farewell Dinner in La Paz restaurant.
- Does not include: Airport taxi transfer and flights.
- Available for rent: Sleeping bags.
An unforgettable week of awesome outdoor adventure encompassing the very best highlights of the Baja Cape Region in seven days of diverse adventure. Our itinerary is the only one of its kind! It offers a rich and diverse Baja experience, embarking on a new adventure each day.
- Day 1: Arrive in La Paz, check into your hotel room and at 9:00pm meet your guides for a trip briefing.
- Day 2: Speed boat trip to the spectacular national park island of Espiritu Santo and 'check-in' to our base camp. Swim with sea lion pups - this is a truly amazing experience and one of the few places in the world where you can expect to be surrounded by playful sea lion pups as they mesmerize you with their dazzling underwater antics! Returning to Espiritu Santo we will make camp on a beautiful fine white sandy beach. Sip a frosty margarita (with or without the Tequila while you watch the Baja sun sink into the horizon - relax, you have arrived in paradise!
- Day 3: Hike up a boulder-strewn canyon and we will be rewarded with an incredible birds eye view from the high cliffs on the east coast. Return to our beach for a delicious lunch before our next boat trip to another exciting snorkeling spot. 2nd night camping in paradise!
- Day 4: After a hearty breakfast, climb aboard our high speed motor boat for an exciting ride back to La Paz. After checking into your hotel the guides will meet you for lunch in a traditional restaurant. Discuss the tourist sites in La Paz - whether it be the local pottery where you can see the unique collection of beautiful designs being proudly displayed by the Ibarra family or a stroll along the Malecon, La Paz's famous 3 km board walk that takes you all the way out to the local beach - Playa Coromuel. This afternoon you are free to decide what to do and later you will meet up with your guide for dinner at another traditional La Paz restaurant and to discuss the next day's adventure.
- Day 5: Sea-kayak along the spectacular coastline north of La Paz and into the gorgeous bay of Balandra with no less than 7 white sandy beaches. Here you will soak up the Baja sun while enjoying a tasty picnic lunch. Another opportunity to snorkel or just kick back for an afternoon siesta - the choice is yours. At the day's end we will return to your hotel. Tonight you are on your own to choose from one of many excellent restaurants - whether you plan to dine on a budget or treat yourself to a sumptuous meal in one of La Paz's best restaurants your guide will know where to recommend you!
- Day 6: Journey across the Baja desert to explore Todos Santos, an attractive mission town with arts and craft shops, garden cafe and the Cape's best English book shop. Then down to a fabulous surf beach to boogie board (optional!) or body surf on the Pacific breakers. As the sun sets we shall return to Todos Santos to stay in an exquisite bed and breakfast and enjoy dinner 'out on the town.'
- Day 7: Travel on around the 'Cabo loop' and stop for lunch and a brief visit to another of Baja's charming mission towns - San Jose del Cabo. Then journey on to our eco lodge in the foot hills of the Sierra de la Laguna. In the evening you will discover the most delightful un-spoilt hot springs hidden in a near-by mountain valley. The springs produce perfect 'bath-water' temperatures to relax our body and mind.
- Day 8: Our final morning will be spent walking into a deep box canyon with 40 ft water fall which drops into a huge 'natural swimming pool'. Relax on the warm granite rocks after a refreshing swim or explore the boulder strewn canyon. Then journey back up to La Paz for final hotel night and farewell dinner together.
- Day 9: Breakfast and depart.
Note: If you and your group choose to fly into Los Cabos, we can begin and end your tour from the Los Cabos airport (SJD) for an additional fee of $60USpp. The itinerary would thus start on Day 7 and then 'roll' for 9 days from then.
This multi-sport adventure explores some of the finest highlights of the Cape Region of Baja. It forms a natural loop traveling up the east side of the cape visiting the canyons of Santiago before arriving in La Paz. Then out to the famous Espiritu Santo Island and gorgeous bay of Balandra. Next our journey takes us over to the Pacific Coast and the mission town of Todos Santos. The expedition concludes with a visit to the mission town of San Jose del Cabo.
We currently provide this trip to private groups and can offer the itinerary either beginning in Cabo or La Paz. Our trip planners can customize the tour to suit each group's preferences and specific interests.
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/kayactiv/public_html/protected/grid.php on line 73